The P11D is a statutory form required by HMRC from UK based employers detailing the cash equivalents of benefits and expenses that they have provided during the tax year to their directors, and employees earning at the rate of more than £8,500 per year.
P11Ds can be submitted to HMRC in either hard copy or an electronic submission format.
There are currently 14 sections on the P11D:
- Section A – Assets Transferred
- Section B – Payments made on behalf of the employee
- Section C – Credit Cards and vouchers
- Section D – Living Accommodation
- Section E – Mileage Allowances
- Section F – Cars and car fuel
- Section G – Company Vans
- Section H – Beneficial Loans
- Section I – Medical Health
- Section J – Qualifying Relocation Payments
- Section K – Services Supplied
- Section L – Assets placed at employee’s disposal
- Section M – Other Items
- Section N – Expenses Payments
Any benefits that attract Class 1A National Insurance contributions are reportable in brown coloured boxes on the form.
Company Car and Car Fuel Benefit Calculator
When a company car is made available for the private use of an employee a ‘benefit in kind’ value is calculated in relation to the car (and to the fuel if that is also made available for private use).